About KJ George
Kelachandra Joseph George is a prominent politician from Karnataka, India. During his long career as a Congressman spanning over five decades, George has held many significant portfolios and served with various CMs. He was the Home Minister and Minister for Bengaluru Development and Town Planning in the cabinet of Shri. Siddaramaiah. He has served as the Minister of Large and Medium Scale Industries in the cabinet of Shri. H D Kumaraswamy. He held charge as the cabinet Minister for Housing & Urban Development in the cabinet of Shri. S. Bangarappa government. As a young politician, he was also a Minister of State (Independent Charge) Transport, Food and Civil Supplies in the Shri. Veerendra Patil government way back in late 1980s.
He represents the Indian National Congress and is presently serving his 5th term as MLA of Sarvagna Nagar Assembly Constituency (Earlier represented Bharathi Nagara Assembly Constituency).
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Transport, Food and Civil Supplies, Government of Karnataka (1989-1990). Now, these portfolios are shared by two individual Ministers.
- Minister for Housing and Urban Development, Government of Karnataka (1990-1994). Now, these portfolios are shared by three Ministers.
- Minister for Home Affairs, Government of Karnataka - 20 May 2013 - 29 October 2015.
- Minister for Bengaluru Development and Town Planning, Government of Karnataka - 31 October 2015 - 18 July 2016.
- Minister for Large & Medium Scale Industries, Sugar, Information Technology & Bio-Technology, Science and Technology. Commerce and Industry, Government of Karnataka - 6 June 2018 - 23 July 2019.
- Best MLA and Best Minister Award of Karnataka by Shining India News & Shining India Research & Analysis
- Best City Minister as per B.PAC Survey (Ratings based on Attendance in assembly, Starred questions, Un-starred questions, Percentage of MLALAD fund utilization, Perception survey, Educational qualification, Criminal record and Social Media etc.)